Facebook     Instagram     Pinterest     YouTube

A little Kraftin' in the mornin'

I went over to the Kraftin' Kimmi's blog this morning to see if they had any challenges going on... Guess what??? THEY DID! Since, budgets are tight these days, I figured it's better to feed my little stamping habit with WINNING stamps, rather than purchasing them.  
The challenge was to "Paper piece" any stamp that they have.  Well, being as I don't actually OWN any of the KK stamps, that makes this challenge a bit more difficult.  As most of you know you need the stamp to paper piece something because you stamp it on plain card stock to color it, then again on patterned card stock to cut out the pieces that you want to layer on, thus: Paper piecing.  Uh-Oh! How am I going to do this....???
Think... Think... THINK!
PING! Light-bulb!!! I decided to pull out an image that a dear friend (Jodi) stamped for me to experiment with.  Since her little dress was so small, I figured I could get away with just cutting it out and implementing my "eyeball" technique. Lol!  Additionally, although it's not paper piecing per say, I used bakers twine to make her little skirt out of... Take a look.
 After the addition of 75 billion flowers (yeah, I can be a hyperbolist at times) and 25 million crystals (oh and at least 100 thousand pop dots) I think that it's stinking cute!!!! 
The fold is called "the twisted easel" fold and i made it out of plain 'ol GP white card stock.  The patterned pieces were all scraps that I had floating around from recent cards, so I can't tell you what they are, I think the greens are all from the botanicals pack I picked up at Michael's a few months ago, but I can't be sure.  The inks were SU! Pixie Pink (of course) and Green Galore. I colored the image with my trusty Prismacolor pencils and blended with my handy dandy bottle of OMS.  All the flowers are studio G, and the mini roses are from the dollar bins at Michael's as well (yeah for being frugal)!  The punch I used was a Martha Stuart border punch that I got from a Secret Sister over at SCS.  
Ok, I have lots of stuff to get to today, being as my son turns 6 tomorrow (wow, how in the hey hey did THAT happen?!?!) and I have to run to the craft store to get some supplies to make his cupcakes and such.  I totally haven't even gotten him dressed yet, and it's nearly lunch time!  I didn't intend to spend 2 hours making this card, it just sorta got away from me! hahahah 
As always, have a sweet day!

2 comments:

  1. wow! very pretty details! beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps this week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. So cute design. This must be so easy for you to design for the Plastic card company if you want to join. I really appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, it means so much to me.